Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lazy Days in the Sun!

I was lucky enough to spend most of last week in Naples, Fl with my parents and husband. It was so nice to relax on the beach, catch some sun, and do as we pleased! We tend to be so busy and I was completely content sitting, reading, and getting my tan on!! :)  While we were there, I read 2 books and started a 3rd!! I got hooked on the "50 Shades of Grey" trilogy along with a million other women last summer and was told to read a few more that were along the same lines.

Here are the books I read in case any of you are looking for a good read!! I read "Collide" by Gail McHugh - SO good! It wasn't as graphic as "50 Shades...", if you know what I mean. It was more about the story line, which made me keep reading the "50 Shades..." Trilogy. The second book is due out in the summer and I'm dying to find out what happens! I also read "Bared to You" and just finished "Reflected in You", both by Sylvia Day. Again, sooooo good! This was really similar to "50 Shades..."; the main guy and girl both had troubled pasts, which made it very interesting how they interacted. This book had a little more detail than "Collide". The third book is due out June 4th, perfect timing for our trip to Myrtle Beach!

So between all the reading and tanning, I did so some running, of course! I lived in Florida for a bit while I was in PT school and I learned to LOVE running on the beach. I was soo excited to get a chance to do it again, however this time it didn't go as well as it had in the past. Let's just say Naples beach was not so good for running. St. Augustine beach is very wide and has a large portion of hard sand; Naples beach was very short and had A LOT of soft sand. It was an AWFUL run, I ended up running down the beach further than planned. Naples has a lot of hotels, private clubs, and homes along the beach and finding a public access ramp was harder than I expected! I ended up running only about 2.5 miles and walking the rest of the 1.5 miles back to the condo. I was sliding everywhere, got sand in my shoes, a blister on my heel from the sand, and my ankles and knees were killing me from sliding and running on a slant! I was a mess!!! I would recommend sticking to the road if you come across a short beach with soft sand if you want to get a good run in! I kept the beach for my bikini and the road for my shoes the rest of the week! :)

One thing I am getting annoyed with is my laces. It seems like no matter what shoes I have, the laces never stay tied, or they flip around and bug my ankles. Any suggestions to keep them tied and off my leg?? 

Also, with running in the warmer weather, I definitely needed some water. It was quite the change from the 30-40 degree weather I have been use to. I figure Spring will be coming soon and as my miles start to stack up, I'm going to need to invest in some sort of running water bottle. I found this one on Amazon.com. I liked how it was Neoprene so it wouldn't be cold on my hand or sweat onto my hand. It also has an expandable pouch you can put keys, nutrition, etc in. What do you use to stay hydrated? 


Here are a few pictures I took in Naples!



















No comments:

Post a Comment