Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wednesday's Workout!


Wednesday’s Workout!

When it comes to a workout schedule, I’m a very regimented type of person. I like to have a set schedule of what workouts I will do each day. This doesn’t mean I do the same exercises in each workout, but it does mean I’m able to plan my days out better than if I didn’t have a set schedule, which is critical for me as I’m working and taking classes while trying to train for a Tough Mudder and my second half marathon (while maintaining my relationship and a semblance of a social life)

Here’s what a typical week of training looks like for me:
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
1 hour boot camp
3-5 mile run

45 minute boot camp & 45 minute spin
3-5 mile run & body barre
Off
Long run (anywhere from 5-10 miles)
Off

Sometimes I’ll throw an extra workout in on Friday, or I’ll do my long run on Sunday instead of Saturday, but generally I stick to this formula and it seems to work for me.

A few weeks from now, I’ll be adding in an extra training session on Sunday to better prepare for my second Tough Mudder. The gym I go to is doing special training sessions geared towards prepping for TM – a pretty big group of people from the gym are planning to run it together. I also plan to switch one of my weekly runs to a trail run, in order to better prepare for TM. However, I have to remember that our half marathon is my priority – and that is what I want to be strong and fit for. This will mean taking it a little bit easier while running the TM, as there's only one week between the two races.

Which reminds me, none of us has specifically said which race we are training for, so I’ll go ahead and share that with you all now! We are training for the Nike Women’s Half Marathon in DC on April 28th! It will be my second half marathon and Autumn, Elise, and Jackie’s first!



But, back to Wednesday’s workout…the gym I go to is fantastic. It’s kind of a mix between crossfit and circuit training and no two workouts are the same. Here is a snapshot of what we did at boot camp today:




The KB circuit was repeated 2x and the ISO circuit was repeated 3x

Before the KB circuit, we did a quick TRX/plank circuit 3x.

After that, I did a 45 minute spin class (and I ended up having to ride the instructor's bike because the class was full!)

What do you do to mix up your workouts? Are you a "creature of habit" like me?







1 comment:

  1. Guess I'm a little bit of both! I take a combination of hip-hop dance, body pump, spin and running every week. It also keeps me sane. When I'm in training mode, I do 3 short runs (2-6 miles) per week and a long run on Saturday (starting at 5 and incrementally up to 11). Friday and Sundays are my off days too :-)

    ReplyDelete